Monday, June 14, 2010

Restarting Le Cordon Bleu

The distractions. 8x10 verses 9x12 area rugs. Reconnecting with James. And job-hunting. Obviously. Pulled my focus the past two weeks.

Two weeks of living in America. How strange? I worked my way through this new life – at least, soon-to-be – new life. Surrounded with bliss, time was still stressful. Happiness accompanied panic. And love was balanced with regularity. Nonetheless, I relished every minute of it.

The apartment foundation has been laid. It’s the details that need filling now. Those come with time.

Sitting in the Paris apartment last night with James on the computer was a trip. Surreal. For all this time. He only filled my apartment on the other end of the phone. Now – here in the flesh – I’m not quite sure what to make of it. One week of being husbands. Paris-style.

Superior Cuisine starts this afternoon. The third – and final – term of Le Cordon Bleu. Just under three months from today I will be writing a farewell LCB post. There are clichés about how time has flown by. But I’ll save them. For now.

Yes. For now. Today’s focus is on the beginning of a new term. A term that promises worldly ingredients. Modern techniques. And personal creativity. A term that has been long coming.

My hope is that the traditional, French methods of Basic and Intermediate will be left behind. Embedded in our hands, but no longer needing classroom attention. Now it’s time for real-world work. I’ll report the validity of my expectation after today’s initial class.

1 comment:

  1. Life moves on. There is a song about "no matter which road we choose, we still end up in the same place". Some roads are more of an adventure and some just get us there. Yours has been a wonderful adventure to follow so far and I hope to see more you lead us down the road. Enjoy this next week with James, send pics of more yummy looking food and whose bike is that?

    ReplyDelete