Saturday, April 3, 2010

Le Cordon Bleu - Practical #6

I am still a student at Le Cordon Bleu. Whew.

Last night’s practical went well. Chef Tivet – one of our Intermediate chefs – proctored. Generally grumpy. Always wanting more salt (it’s his aged taste buds). But overall, a reserved fellow.

When I presented my plate Chef said everything was good. Or very good. I was left a bit unsettled. Since he didn’t call up the French Culinary television to showcase my plate, I knew that it lacked something. Was it my sauce? The fish? Presentation? I am still wondering what I should have done differently.

My blog and photos of each dish was a great study tool for the Basic final exam. Being able to visually recall the term. Reminding myself of the dishes.

In addition to photos of the instructions, I have decided to take pictures of my plates from practicals. All the dishes that have been previously posted are the chef’s. Partly for a record of my work at Le Cordon Bleu. But. Mainly to expand my study tool. This will give me a better recollection of how things went.

I will continue – as I have from the beginning – to write notes on each dish I have made. Jotting down the goods. And bads. Of what the chef told me during his critique. This also was a great recap of the recipes. Helping me not to make the same mistake twice.

Practical #6 – Chef’s Dish.


Practical #6 – My Dish.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Now I know why I've been using more salt these past few years. P.G.

    ReplyDelete