Monday, March 15, 2010

Returning to Paris

I was greeted with a wonderful, Spring day upon my arrival back to Paris. This time – I know for sure – Winter has passed.

From the train ride, coffee breaks, and at each meal I got a lot of studying done in Geneva. Memorizing and reading through the recipes. Now it’s time to practice. With only two days until the final practical exam I went straight to a friend's house to work.

We compared notes on some of the recipes. Finished the chicken with tarragon dish. And turned some artichokes. I have probably turned a few dozen artichokes in the last three weeks. If I see another artichoke I’ll…

Four of us are planning on meeting first thing in the morning to work through the two fish recipes. Brill and sea bream. With white wine sauce and fennel, respectively. And I’m sure we’ll get a few more turned artichokes in there too.

The anticipation is rising. I can not wait until I write to you once it has all passed.

My stay in Switzerland was wonderful. Relaxing and mind-clearing. Just what I needed. Perhaps I’ll make such trip before every exam.

1 comment:

  1. cute lil st bernards! Glad you had a great time and are relaxed going into the exam. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete