Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Within

There has been a lot of business and not much ‘chat’ lately. School is a bit more demanding than I expected.

My loved ones back home often ask if I am happy. Settled. Enjoying Paris. And pleased with my decision of Le Cordon Bleu.

On a recent phone call with James I described my emotional-self as a roll of puff pastry. Layer upon layer. Rapture resting beneath frustration. Happiness covering loneliness. Excitement existing between disappointment and silliness.

All emotions, good and bad, are whirling around within my heart and soul. Just twirling as fast as they can. This. I love. Relish.

For me, it is feeling alive in every moment - whether you want to or not.

I choose to throw myself out there, hoping for some sort of an emotional response. It is about finding yourself surrounded by the activities that you love while stretching the soul into new lands. Lands that may seem unbearable – or even undesirable. Because. You never know. You never know what will tap you inside. Helping you to see the world in a different, more complex light.

Yes, I am happy. I am getting settled – finding my routines. Paris is a gourmand’s heaven. I’m not sure how I will leave. And Le Cordon Bleu. Even after the proud allure of this school has waned, I still get a feeling of glee each time I put on the uniform.

Life. Me. They are all good. Missing my husband and family each and every moment.

1 comment:

  1. Tony, believe me that we miss you just as much as you miss us. We're with you (I should say "me"; I shouldn't be so presumptuous as to assume other's feelings) and look forward to your continued success and adventure.
    P.G.

    ReplyDelete