Monday, November 9, 2009

The Art of Cooking


"Cooking is at once one of the simplest and most gratifying of the arts..."

…expressed Craig Claiborne during his New York Times Food Critic days.

Cooking is an art and the chef is the artist. There lies deep within each great chef an unexplainable passion that burns bright. It is a passion that is only satisfied through the expression of food creation. The artistic desire can not be ignored or stifled. Painters must paint. Sculptors must sculpt. Architects must build. Chefs must cook.

There were moments in my life when I felt an internal struggle. I felt this pull from within that would always bring me into the kitchen. Sometimes I would cook for a crowd, other times just for myself. It took me some time to comprehend that the friction within was an artistic desire. It is an active tug that is not satisfied until I cook.

When I ignored my artistic core I would often find myself feeling lost, without direction. I would sense a vast disconnect between my heart and the world. I struggled to find excitement.

Once I untapped the artist within, I found an unwavering sense of motivation, the ability to find clarity and direction for my life, but most of all, I uncovered a joyous outlook on my purpose.

Here are some pictures of what happens when the artist within can not sleep anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment