Sunday, August 15, 2010

Where Do We Go From Here?

My intention was to write a blog about my experiences in France. Living among Parisians. And studying at Le Cordon Bleu. Opportunities are dwindling down – barely dripping from the faucet of memories.

Many of you have asked if I will continue pass August 26th’s graduation. After some consideration, I have decided. As long as you keep reading. Then I’ll continue writing.

I am not sure how the focus will change. Part of me feels evolution should occur naturally. And the other side thinks I should develop a plan – the voice I want spoken and stories I want to be told.

Off the cuff. I imagine it will be a portal of watching a young – newly graduated – cook find employment. Navigate a new culinary city. And grow from lowly line cook to the sought after title, chef. If made into a movie, it would be a dramatic satire.

Young foolish boy making mistakes. Angering large men in tall, white torques. Slowly evolving into something worth paying. Perhaps even good enough to cook unsupervised. Until one day. When this culinary ugly duckling breaks forth into a white master of knives.

I can hear Irene Cara’s Fame. Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder. And Bridge Over Troubled Water. Progressing the flick. And. Of course. Jay-Z singing I Made It as the credits roll.

“…I look to the skyyy!
I made it!
Ooo!
Made it, I made it
Yes I did”

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are going to continue the blog. I enjoy reading your adventures. I can't read you at stoplights, like I do books, but you are always waiting for me online. I am curious about your New York adventures ahead both in the cooking world and just your everyday life. I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony,
    I vote wholeheartedly for you continuing your blog. The transition from student to job-seeker (to Chef!) is fertile ground for relating your experiences.
    Love, P.G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you made it. There was NEVER any doubt in my mind that you would. IIIf you continue to write would be fabulous Ton. Any plan to write for cooking magazines etc?? Any job offers in NYC?????? You are really great at BOTH. Keep up the good work. LOve Auntie

    ReplyDelete