Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Goodbye and Hello.

The goodbyes never get easier. You would think after six months of saying goodbye to James I would be use to it. Well, I’m not. Each moment ends in tears.

I just dropped him off at the airport in Paris. We had over three weeks together. It was glorious. We kept saying how special it was. What a treat for us. Then I thought. No it’s not. Spending three weeks with your spouse shouldn’t be a treat. It’s a right.

After some grumbling about how we didn’t want to return to our separate lives. We embraced in the terminal. Gathered some strength. And each returned home.

Only two more months. Our separation will be over. International traveling will be finished. Le Cordon Bleu will wrap up. And life in New York will permanently begin. Finally.

One great bit of news is that my parents are arriving from the US for eight days tomorrow. Just like I rushed home to see James, I will rush home to greet my parents.

I haven’t seen either one since just before New Year’s. My anticipation to see them is great. Our agenda is packed. Including a Holland trip this weekend – a chance for Dad to do some pigeon investigation.

So stay close as I travel, explore, and live in Europe with my parents. I’m sure there will be plenty of stories to share.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man! how is it going? Hope you're enjoying the cooking in superior. Any chance for a beer this weekend in Amsterdam?
    Sj

    ReplyDelete