Monday, May 31, 2010

New York Arrival

My arrival into New York could not have gone smoother.

Zero waiting on Paris’ tarmac delivered us to JFK 40 minutes early. Most New Yorkers left the city on Friday for the long Memorial Day weekend. Leaving the streets sparse. Thirty minutes from airport to apartment. Slick. As. Snot.

Marginally jet-lag. I was overcome with butterflies in the cab. My anticipation to see our new apartment was sending me through a tizzy. Most of all. I could not wait a second longer to see James.

E’Lane and I talked once of butterflies. And how we still get them for our loves. Even after all this time. It’s a fun feeling. But most of all reassuring. A reminder of love’s presence.

James arrived two weeks ago. Wanting to nest together, he has only purchased a bed and a chair. The place is expansive. And incredibly empty. Yet he managed to have a lone vase of flowers – where the entry table would be – to greet me.

Our reunion has been filled with excitement. I arrived into the city at 11 a.m. Dropped my bags and we hit the furniture-store filled streets. A full day created lots of ideas. Evaluated over our traditional first-night Thai dinner.

Here is a sneak-peak. Most of the furniture will arrive on the 9th of June – three days before my return to Paris. I wish it was sooner, but at least I will see most of the apartment filled out before I leave. I will have to wait for my next visit to see the two backordered items.

I already feel at home in our apartment and New York. But then again. It’s not the location. It’s my husband.

1 comment:

  1. When you hear "home is where the heart is", you don't always understand it unless you've been thru something like this. But that first moment is indescribable and forever memorable. Glad you two are where you need be!!!

    ReplyDelete