Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Le Cordon Bleu Examinations

Ok, I have survived both of my exams. The Cuisine exam was a lot more difficult than I was expecting. So the grades will be interesting. As for the fill-in-the-blank recipe I know I got a 100%. Which is more important than the true/false, multiple choice. As it is added to our final practical grade.

With the written exam only worth 10% of our final grade I am not too worried. I will keep you posted once grades are reported.

The wine exam was much better. Almost easy. Tasting wine during an exam doesn’t hurt either. Blind tasting a white and a red. Explaining the look – color, brightness, clarity. Nose – freshness, intensity, and aroma families. And finally the palate – architecture of the attack, evolution, and finish, acidity, tannins, and alcohol content. We also had to comment on the wine’s overall balance and suggest a food pairing.

I have a full day today. 8:30 a.m. practical. 12:30 p.m. instruction. Followed by a second 3:30 p.m. practical. So many more details to follow…

Oh! The weather has gotten incredibly gorgeous in Paris. Smiles all around!

1 comment: