Friday, April 30, 2010

Le Cordon Bleu - Intermediate Mid-Term Grades

We just passed through lesson #19. That means that Intermediate Cuisine is more than half way over. It seems like I just started Basic, yet alone Intermediate. Soon enough I will be in Superior and then working. Wow! What a concept.

Mid-term also means grades. Our half-way marks were distributed at the beginning of the week. I am pleased to announce that my group has the highest average. All of our hard work and focus is paying off.

With that said, the final grade really comes down to the exam. As demonstrated in Basic. Worth 40% of the grade, a good, or bad, final exam can really make a difference.

For now, group C sits with a 3.483 average. And as for me personally? My marks have greatly improved from my Basic Cuisine days. Pleased to be above my group’s average, but more happy with my improvement.

Slapped by my poor Basic grade, I was determined to improve this term. My goal is not a specific average or class rank. Just improvement. And so far, I have. So, I am going to just keep on doing what I’m doing. While enjoying each moment. Improving along the way.

4 comments:

  1. Nice Job. You have a great attitude. I've been glancing at your blog from time to time. Keep up the good work.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never any doubt in my mind!!
    xoxomammamia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, congratulations on your improvement!
    Your mindset this time around, I think, is much more sensible and mature: improvement over the previous session is what counts, not some abstract, relatively meaningless position on some ranking or grade.
    I think this change reflects the fact you are enjoying your experience more, and that, in the end, is what matters.
    An unrelated kudo: your photos are gorgeous!
    P.G.

    ReplyDelete