Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stepping Forward

As though I didn’t even leave - I am back in Paris. An uneventful plane and metro ride made for an easy return.

As a true Le Cordon Bleu student, I went straight to laundry upon my arrival. Whites. Of Course. Uniform needs to be crisp for tomorrow’s Intermediate beginning.

Prior to leaving New York I was not feeling ready. Not ready to return to Paris. Leave James. Or start Intermediate. Now that I am here and over the painful good-bye, I feel a bit more enthusiastic. Prepared to walk into school with a different mindset. Eager to move forward with my learning. But most of all, zealous to tackle the new challenges.

Intermediate brings new instructional chefs – Chef Caals and Chef Tivet. It also signals the beginning of a new group, whose members will be revealed tomorrow. The most important shift of Intermediate however, is the complexity of the work.

While probably still basic – or at least traditional French – the skill set will develop. Leading itself to more complicated techniques, dishes, methods, and results. All this to be explained in a bit more detail after tomorrow’s orientation and first instructional class.

As of now, it’s time to iron. Pack my knifes. And get a good night sleep to start tomorrow fresh.

It’s only going to get better from here!

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to your Stepping forward!
    Yes, we can believe in a skinny cook Tony the best in town!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete