Saturday, January 30, 2010

My friend Francis is visiting this weekend from the States. With a long list of museums (yesterday was Musée d'Orsay), chateaus, and monuments on the things-to-do we have been able to sneak in a few good meals.

I am the type of guy that plans his next meal while eating. That is to say during breakfast I plan lunch. As I eat lunch I figure out dinner. And so forth. I live meal-to-meal. While Francis and I were walking back to his hotel last night, I explained this to him. Helping him understand that things like museums, chateaus, and the like are just activities to do between meals.

Thursday night we found a gem of a place not far from my apartment. La Volant Basque. French-Basque cuisine. Out-of-this-world. My best restaurant meal so far in Paris. Francis had smoked salmon to start and beef bourguignon to follow. I opted for the beef terrine (To. DIE. For) and roasted rabbit.
Today we are heading to Fontainebleau. A chateau just outside of Paris. The chateau that’s not Versailles. Or something like that. To pass the time until lunch. Oooh! I hope there’s a great little café near the chateau…I’m feeling blood sausage and sautéed wild mushrooms! [drool]
(Flippant as I may be…I am a sucker for museums and all things touristy)

No comments:

Post a Comment