Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Favorite Food Things - Day #30 - Eggs

For my final post in the favorite food things series – I must mention eggs. I would be doing my heritage an in justice if I didn’t.

For four generations my family has been in the egg business. With over a million birds, it’s an understatement to say, “I love eggs!”

I am proud to have been apart of this Fassio Family tradition for the past 5 years. Eggs are in my bones, and always will be.

The egg industry has taught me a ‘salt-of-the-earth’ approach to cooking. The closer a chef is to the source, the better the final dish. Guaranteed. My ingredient-choosing-style is based on this. If I can’t grow or raise the products that I use – I try my best to know the family that does.

Being an egg farmer has also taught me respect and appreciation for all living things. The circle of life is a beautiful thing.

While I have chosen to leave the egg industry as a profession – my foundation as an egg farmer will forever be. As I develop my culinary capabilities you will see eggs, and farming, woven throughout.

2 comments:

  1. Don't ever forget where you came from. I am speaking from my heart when I tell you that I will truely miss you. I am very proud of you, you have a dream and you are reaching out to achieve it. That is the one thing I have always told my kids "if you have a dream, set a goal and don't stop til you reach it!" As you know in a way I see all of "you boys" as my kids too. My only thought is why does yours have to be so far away???? Just know that your family loves you and we will always be here for you!! I love you and wish you only the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Drown family is so thrilled for you Tony! What an amazing background the Egg Farm has given you for your Parisan Advanture. Safe travels! Hopefully see you in Paris! xx

    ReplyDelete